Agent: Jean Diamond | email@example.com | 02076310400
- Agent: Jean Diamond
WRITER AND LYRICIST
Eden gained a Degree in Drama from the University of Manchester, after which he spent 10 years as an actor. He has been editorial director of publishers Marshall Cavendish and DeAgostini and is currently chief executive of the agency Edenco Creative. He is a songwriter and writes scripts and lyrics for musicals.
* Book & lyrics for Alfie The Musical (music: John Cameron) based on the novel by Bill Naughton. Coliseum Theatre Oldham, Belgrade Coventry, directed by Kenneth Alan Taylor, 1997; revised 2005, Palace Theatre Watford, directed by Lawrence Till.
* Book & lyrics for Love in a Cold Climate (music: Julian Slade) based on the novel by Nancy Mitford.
* Author, co-producer Dorothy Fields Forever, based on the lyrics of Dorothy Fields and the music of Jimmy McHugh, Jerome Kern, Arthur Schwartz, Cy Coleman and others. Jermyn Street Theatre, King’s Head Islington, 2001-02, directed by David Kernan.
* Book, with Trevor Bentham, and lyrics for The Postman and The Poet (music: Michael Jeffrey) based on Ardiente Paciencia by Antonio Skarmeta, the novel that inspired the film Il Postino. The Postman and The Poet is available on Jay Records CDJAY2 1426.
* Concept, book & lyrics for Six Nights in Naples (music: Richard Link), currently in development.
* Lyrics for the song cycle Remember When (music: Charles Miller).
* Lyrics for the children’s series Little Story Teller, Tales on Tape, The Guzunder Gang and PC Play & Learn (music: Tim Cross, Seiji Yokoyama).
* Promotional films for Diageo and Chancery Financial Services.